In August/September, I started experience an achiness in my joints that eventually spread to my legs and arms. It really became a hindrance to the work of the Lord, so I came home to recoup and heal. Tests show that I have a Vitamin D deficiency. I switched up some medications, added a few in, and now I am on the road to recovery. It's not been quick, but it is getting better!
With it being a new year, I have often paused to ask myself, "what is going to bring me closer to the Savior this year?" As many of you know, I struggle with depression, and I really feel that as a roadblock, it can be overcome as I come closer to the Savior. So I have decided to set a few goals to really help me overcome my struggles with depression, and come closer to the Savior.
1. Begin the day with exercise.
2. Learn to make my prayers very personal. I want Heavenly Father to be more than just "the man upstairs." I want Him to be my friend.
3. Electronics get turned off at 11 and sleep begins no later than 12.
4. Go to the temple once a week.
5. Answer a question with the help of the Book of Mormon.
6. I really enjoyed emailing everyone a big update once a week, so I have decided to update my blog once a week and post it on Facebook.
7. Sundays are a no homework, come closer to the Lord day.
8. Find a reason to smile every day.
9. Laugh more.
10. Love harder.
Specifically for the next few months, I have these plans:
January-Enjoy my classes! Relax, have fun, work hard, play hard.
February-Determine next semesters plans, whether it be going to cosmetology school or finishing up a year at BYU-I.
March-"Ace all my classes, pass the final, and become the greatest scarer ever!" -Michael Wazowski
Happy 2015 everyone!