Tuesday, April 10, 2012

perspective

I had a different post about prom/hair.. But this is more important to me right now.
One of my very best and darling friends, michelle, texted me this afternoon saying that her boyfriend, shane, had been in an accident. She called just as I was leaving my house to go comfort her and asked me to take her to the hospital..
I was scared. Which was odd since he and I aren't super close.. But because I know him.. Idk it scared me.
Anyway, we waited for about 3 hours in the ER waiting room, I just put my arm around her, held her tight. There was nothing we could do but wait. We knew he was okay from what Shane's mom had told us. But chelle was still worried, and there was no way I was leaving. In the end, everything was totally okay. Shane has just dozed off for a second and hit a parked semi on the passenger side of the car. He's a little scratched up, bruised knee, but other than that, he's just shaken. We all are..
Now I'm not telling you this for sympathy or for anything really. I just think it can give us all a little perspective.























Isn't it insane? To think he's only bruised? Thank heavens there was no one in that passenger seat.. I mean.. Michelle, his sister, anyone could have been there.. Thank goodness. Yes, the car is a wreck. Yes, it has been an emotional, crazy afternoon.. But we're all here. And we know who our friends are.
It's really made me think about the gift of life. I think God saved shane because he has a purpose he still needs to fulfill. I think of my own boyfriend, best friend, friends, family.. And I hope they know I love them. I would never want that to happen and any one of them think I don't.. I think of what purpose I have here, and I hope i can be able to fulfill that purpose. I think of me.. And I hope that I would be able to have the faith that everything would be okay..
It was a really scary moment. But I hope Michelle. I hope you know I love you. That I will always always always! Be here for you. Thick and thin. Ups and downs. I will drop everything for you. You never owe me. You mean the world to me, and i could never ask fir more than your friendship. Best friends forever babe<3 For Shane.. I know we're not super close, and you probably won't even read this. but I am so glad you're okay. You're an amazing guy, and Michelle only deserves the best. You treat her right and.. Thank you. I'm glad that it's you Michelle has in her life. Nathan, I love you. Thank you for all you do for me and for being everything a girl could ask for. You're my best friend and the best boyfriend in the world. You are everything to me. Always and forever hun<3 To my family, I love you guys. I know I don't always say it, and I could probably show it more often. But I do. Each of you boys, my parents.. You're my family. I love you. To all my friends, I know I'm not perfect. But I will try for a million years to be perfect if it will prove to you that I love each and every one of you. I am always here, for very one. I would do anything for you to be happy and to know that I love you. And for me... Always remember, you're worth it.. Keep life in perspective. I love you all!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment